Sunday, February 12, 2012

Drinking and Painting Don't Mix

So, I will admit that on the weekends I sometimes imbibe....and after doing so I feel the inspiration to work on my art. Since I have a studio with an abundance of material this actually doesn't cause any problems beyond having to repaint a straight line the next day.



However, every once in a while the inner stupid within me surges forward. We all have the inner stupid but the successful of us have learned how to tame it. As with many people though, alcohol creates cracks in my stupid boundary.

The other night I decided I could "have my cake and eat it too", I was going to put my base coat on a new project while watching a new movie....this plan required me to paint in my living room.

I prepared correctly, put tarps over everything (except the tv), and began with a drink in my hand.

I woke up this morning with a very nice first coat of paint on my project and.....my wallet in the paint bucket! I cannot fathom the sequence of events that led to this tragedy; I can only hope the liquor store will accept my extra painty ID next week.

I now have a new rule....Drunken painting may only occur in the studio.

Princess WeeWee

2 comments:

  1. Really WeeWee..... again? Is this how the could-have-been-nice J. Crew sweater you got me for Christmas last year ended up tie-dyed?

    Dr. Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? You didn't like the sweater? I wanted you to have a Princess WeeWee original but when the inspiration hit me to make you something tie-dyed I didn't want to go to the store. I rummaged through my bag of tricks and found that sweater; it was the perfect medium! I can't believe you thought it was a drunken mistake. Now the taco inspired sculpture I sent you for Memorial Day...that may be a next morning discovery and that may actually be a taco under the plaster...

    Princess WeeWee

    ReplyDelete