Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Yep, I'm one of them...

Have you ever had one of those tasks that is so super distasteful you wanted to run away from all your obligations just to avoid it?


If you answered no...you're a hermit, a sleazy used car dealer or...uhhh, a bad person.

I am about to alienate many of those who might have been wooed by my artistic, upbeat and positive personality. I have a dirty little secret...I have busted my butt for everything I have today. Never did I consider it the government's responsibility to finance my efforts to share my special point of view. Nope, I am a true...wait for it...cover the children's ears...are you alone?

I am a proud capitalist! If you want to run away screaming, I won't be offended. I will however shake my head in sorrow...

So how does an extra super crazy artist like myself come to believe in  free market trade? Easy...true capitalism is about rewarding integrity and ingenuity...virtues I am constantly striving for.

I have been blessed; I admit it. The art I create has provided me a steady stream of revenue for years. However, do not be disillusioned, living off my art alone...I'd be lucky to be sleeping on a discarded mattress donated to the Salvation Army.

Ponder this...Is it your personal responsibility to support me as I "create art"? Or might your money be better spent supporting  organizations committed to getting kids off the streets?

Princess WeeWee

3 comments:

  1. Hooray you're a capitalist, once again, Good Job Honey! It's my job to support any legal endeavor you strive for. Art or not, I'm all for it. I also tow the party line, I uphold Christian values and, whenever possible, I eat meat. My responsibilities are strictly personal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get too excited...I always get a bit political after doing my taxes.

    WeeWee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait... so does this mean you're going to pay me back for all those brushes, paint and copper wire you just NEEDED for your art? There's a couple kids on my block wearing knock off clothes who could use the charity.

    Dr. Em

    ReplyDelete